Latex loops are comfortable elastic bands. Their great diffusion stems from the affordability of the product combined with its versatility. Latex loops represent the most inexpensive form of elastics for toning and metabolic gymnastics courses with moderate muscle intensity.
Loop Band 0520-22-24 or Latex Loop 0511-12, what are the differences?
These are very similar elastic loop bands, both from the point of view of use and in terms of resistances.
- The Latex Loop Band 0520-22-24 are recommended for exercises dedicated to fitness and aesthetic goals. The range also includes light resistance (LIGHT) and the width of the elastic involves greater comfort. The length of 30 cm slightly facilitates the exercises and the insertion of the legs into the elastic.
- 0511-12 Latex Loops are more suitable for exercises dedicated to athletic preparation and physical conditioning. Are also offered in packs of 30 and 100 pieces for teams and high consumption use. The range not include light resistance: only medium and strong. The 25 cm length means that the elastic resistance is activated earlier than the 30 cm bands, an important aspect in the main exercises dedicated to conditioning: walking with the elastic (lateral walks), hip abduction and adduction, knee stabilization, general proprioception, etc.
The resistance of the bands is progressive. To allow a practical orientation between the different models we give two indications of resistance expressed in kilograms: the first refers to the force necessary for the elastic to begin to deform, that is to stretch, while the second refers to the force necessary to lengthen the elastic up to 100 cm.
|Latex Loop Band
|force necessary to start deforming
force necessary to extend it up to 100 cm
|0520 Light (silver)
|0522 Medium (grey)
|0511 Medium (green)
|0524 Strong (black)
|0512 Strong (blu)
These are indicative values, which we wanted to express in kilograms to allow for practical orientation. Therefore, the Latex Loop 0512, blue color, strong resistance, begins to stretch with a force equal to about 4 kg, reaching 11 kg when its elongation reaches one meter. This is a high resistance for the type of exercises usually performed with these tools and the figure of 11 kg should not be hastily confused with the weight used in lifting exercises.
Dimensions: Length 250 mm. Width: 24 mm
Thickness: 1,60 mm
Latex loop Green. MEDIUM resistance.
This product is made of Latex Material. This material has the tendency over time to deteriorate while the chemical agents responsible for the elasticity evaporate.
To prolong the lifespan of this product it’s possible to follow some simple steps:
- Avoid keeping the elastics in the open air, or especially under the Sun or strong lights: light emissions and UV Rays together with Air are accelerants for the deterioration of the Latex.
- If possible, after use store them in airtight bags.
- Avoid using the elastics anchoring them on racks or storages or any part with a sharp edge.
- To wash use only tepid water. Do not use cleaning products: alcohols, degreasers, oils, all are aggressive for this material.
- After washing and possibly always before use you need to cover the elastic in Talc powder. The Talc reduces a lot the deteriorating process, and helps in the use of the elastics, avoiding grip on hands or feet and giving also a more pleasant sensation.
- As soon as you receive the elastics, and then regularly every 2-3 months, after washing it with tepid water, you can proceed to the lubrification of the elastic using only silicon based lubrificants. This process can help maximising the lifespan of the elastic, avoiding the classic white coating that happens on elastics over time.
- Do not experiment cleaning or lubrificating the elastics with products, even those that can seem harmless: Vaseline oil for example is very damaging for the lates. Same way degreasers, anti-bacterials products may damage the chemical composition of the Latex in the elastics.